Dogeared’s mission is to unleash the potential in every individual. To accomplish this goal, it’s essential that we create environments are optimise learning and ensure teachers and families maintain complete control of the information they share.
Protecting your privacy is fundamental to our mission and business. We promise to
- never sell your data or student data.
- never advertise in our products. :question_mark:
- never own the content you add to Dogeared :question_mark:.
- ensure student data and work is private to the classroom by default.
- use the latest security industry best practices to protect you.
- ensure transparent practices and notify you if things change.
- be, or work towards compliance (where we’re not) with FERPA, COPPA, GDPR, and the Australian Privacy Act.
You can contact us anytime with questions about this policy at firstname.lastname@example.org
We require that teachers or schools get parental consent before using our products with children who are under the age when they can grant consent on their own. This age may vary based on where you live. Parents or guardians can withdraw consent for the further collection of their child’s information at any time. If you are aware we are collecting information from a student without parental consent, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
What do we collect?
We store and collect certain limited account information such as Usernames, first/last names (of adults), and email addresses.
Events and Activities
We collect user generated events (such as book reads, views, scans) in order to generate activity feeds and collect data. These events allow us to provide the required functionality in our products
Messages between allowed users and roles on our products are collected and stored. The contents of the messages are not used in anyway, except to display and send to the allowed recipients.
Logging and Diagnostics
All data and error reports are captured in order to ensure we can comply with any laws and correct any issues that occur in our products. Certain information (such as passwords) are redacted from logging to ensure a high level of security.
How do we use the data we collect?
We may use or disclose Personal Information that we collect for all or any of the following purposes:
- running our products and platform;
- dagnosing performance, or issues;
- Sending out a newsletter, special offer or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- or market research purposes;
- to customise our products according to market interests;
- in order to process an application or enquiry made to us;
- in order to identify Users when we are contacted with questions or concerns regarding our products;
- when our Users seek our technical support;
- when providing information to our legal, accounting or financial advisors/representatives or debt collectors for debt collection or other purposes;
- where authorised or required by law.
Do we advertise in our products?
No we do not. We only charge for optional and additional features on top of our free products and have no interest in advertising within our products. We never display ads, allow third-party ads, share data for advertising or marketing purposes, or allow data collection by third-party advertisers or data brokers. We do not allow in-app purchases for student only accounts :question_mark:.
Information we share on a limited basis
We do share certain information to
- 3rd parties in order to run our service
- To comply with any required law
Third Party Analytics Services
To help use maintain a high level of product we utilise a number of analytics services
- Google Analytics
In no circumstances are any data you have shared with Dogeared (such as your Account Information) shared with these services. In addition, these services are contractually obligated only to use data about your usage of our products to provide analytics services to us and are prohibited from sharing it or using it for other purposes
Cookies are text files that we transfer to your web browser that allow us to identify your web browser and store information about your account. \
Please be aware that Dogeared will not work properly if you disable or decline cookies.
Updating, correcting or deleting your account
You have the right to access, correct, download, or delete any of your personal information collected by our products.
If you are a parent or teacher, you can update the information associated with your account directly in our mobile or web application interfaces. If you are a parent and want to correct, edit, download, or update information about a student, please work directly with your teacher or school, or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to our Policy
Dogeared 5/119 Beaumont St Hamilton NSW 2302 Australia